Creative Crafty Friends is a great group if you like to swap art. Especially if you like to learn new things. And especially if you like to make ATCs. And I like to do both! Today’s post will show what I made for the Letter C Swap recently. Everything I used was something I already had on hand.
Awhile back I showed you how I made a whole lot of ATC bases using just three sheets of paper. The color is Dyan Reaveley’s new Dylulsions Acrylic Paints. I grabbed one of those ATC bases (2.5″ x 3.5″), some black acrylic ink from Daler Rowney and a fan brush.
Making splatters like this is super simple. I put a small amount of ink on my trash plate (I need to take a picture of my trash plate to show you) then dipped my fan brush into the ink. Working on a covered surface, I held the brush above the ATC and tapped it with a finger. Several times. That made the ink come down in tiny spots all over everything in sight. Hahahahaha! Seems like it sometimes, and that is why you work over a covered surface.
These are the elements I wanted to use. My lady bunny was pretty big. Actually, I had already cut her legs off by this point. Due to how big she was – I knew I wouldn’t be able to fit all of her onto the ATC. I did want to start with lovely text by way of my Korean dictionary. Both pieces had already been run through the sticker machine when I took this photo.
Removing the sticker backing, I adhered the text and trimmed the excess away. Color was finger painted onto it using some basic, cheap Walmart craft paints. I also decided to add white splatters with more of the Daler Rowney ink.
Isn’t she adorable? I needed to trim a little more off the bottom but that’s alright. All the good stuff is still here!
Finishing touches: stamping the word Chic along the open side and inking the edges with a black Archival ink pad. Very simple and quick to put together with products I already had on hand. And I love her!
Our swaps always include two ATCs. This is my second Letter C – crabby crab! Hahahahah! I used another one of those bases I made from the three sheets of paper and a die cut I had colored quite sometime ago and stuck in a bag for when I needed something. This was the day I needed something. This swap was a lot of fun! Thanks for reading this far. I hope I can inspire you to give these little pieces of art a try!