For the past three weeks I have been working
from morning to night, trying to put a new book together.
Sadly, I have come to the conclusion that I am not
going to be able to do it.
I have made two complete sets of art for this book.
When I made the first set, I didn’t realize I needed
to make the art the approximate size of the
completed book page,
and since much of it was smaller, I had to start all over again.
Originally I had 127 pages of beautiful art like
you see here. I was able to salvage 36 pieces of it.
All the rest had to be remade in a larger format.
So I remade art, rescanned all the pieces, edited
them to clean them up and popped them into
the book. Just to find out the files were too big.
So I started over again with resizing images.
All in all I’ve done this either 5 or 6 times now.
I have lost track.
And I have lost all hope of ever getting this
particular book put together enough to be able
to meet the requirements for Create Space.
That’s the program we use to be able to sell the books
Apparently they are more text friendly as opposed
to color friendly.
Three weeks when I should have been doing other things.
Really big-time discouraged.
So for now, just enjoy these three pages.
The top two are alcohol ink.
The bottom is a mixed media page with lots of products used.
Actually, when I think about it,
I now have enough pieces of art to make blog posts
for the next 120ish days.
Give or take a day or two.