A couple weeks ago I was getting ready to go on a road trip.
I knew I couldn’t take a lot of art supplies,
so I decided to prep a watercolor page before I left.
What you see above is all the prep I did.
I took a decent size paint brush and spread some
generic flower shapes onto a piece of
watercolor paper using my Grumbacher watercolor pans.
Not a lot of attention to detail.
Just got some color slapped onto the page with
the focus being a couple flowers and what could pass
for a sunny area.
I drew around the petals and stamin of the main flower,
and detailed the stem.
I outlined the petals of the flower bud,
and started turning those orange arms into something –
maybe some aloe, or cactus arms.
I finished the cactus-aloe-octopus arms,
and detailed the green leaves.
The flower bud didn’t really have any way to
anchor it to the rest of the picture,
so I added a stem leading up to it.
Then I started filling in a sun.
Basic flower design for the sun –
a center and some petals.
That makes an awesome and easy sun.
I completed the sun with some loose ‘nzeppel tangles,
and some rays in those petals.
And I was done.
Seriously, the drying of the watercolor paint
almost took longer than the drawing.
All in all I have probably 15 minutes
worth of work in this drawing.
Simple and direct.
Sweet and easy.
The clock is running.